Klutzproof your monitor. Be sure that the monitor is safely installed on a sturdy desk, with its cable properly out of tripping range of passersby. And, of course, don’t place cups of coffee or soda anywhere in the vicinity.
Can you imagine of running a computer without a monitor? It’s impossible. Computer monitor is a very vital part of your computer and hence it demands some care from you. But this computer monitor can be the most potentially dangerous in careless hands. We have never read computer monitor care guide or monitor troubleshooting tips, so here is the post. The following tips will help you to know your monitor better, protect yourself from injury and get the most working life from your monitor investment.
- For best monitor images, always keep the 15-pin video cable secured to the video adapter board. Also avoid using monitor cable extensions, this can cause ghosting.
- The viewable area of a computer monitor is typically 1 inch less than the rated diagonal screen area. For example, a monitor with a 20.9 inch CRT size generally offers a viewing area of about 20 inches. It’s normal.
- Use simple ammonia-based cleaner to clean the monitor case, but never spray onto the monitor, only onto the cleaning cloth.
- CRT coatings (such as antiglare coatings) can be extremely sensitive to chemicals, so never use any sort of cleaner other than demineralized water to clean the CTR. Remember to wet the cleaning cloth, not the CTR.
- Monitors use small convection for cooling. Make it sure that all the holes, used for ventilation is not blocked.
- While working with a monitor, use soft pillow or cloths to cushion the CRT and avoid any scratches.
- Monitors work with very high voltage. So, always remember to turn off your monitor if you are going to work inside of it. Unplug the plug that connects to the monitor.
- Do not touch the internal parts of the monitor directly and also avoid using metal tools wile working inside.
- During the reassemble of the monitor, be careful enough to avoid damages to the wires and internal parts.
- Monitors are extremely sensitive towards the influence of magnetic field. So, make it noticed that you have not kept any magnetic things near your monitor. Even speakers and woofers, placed near the monitor can affect it’s performance.
- Monitors are made very heavy. So, while lifting it, be careful. Always remember to hold the CRT towards your chest area.