Temporary Option A. Using the M4 AM3 screw set 1. Thread a knurled nut, spring and washer over the bolt leaving about 6mm of thread at the top. 2. Push the end of the bolt through the mounting plate, into the M4 thread on the socket and gently tighten using a screw driver. When you feel a slight resistance from the plastic film behind the M4 hole stop tightening. 3. Tighten the knurled nut to compress the spring.
Temporary Option B.Using the 1366 backplate and screw set (Note: This will only work for Rasa blocks)1. Gently pierce the plastic film blocking the four mounting holes. (Warning: This may effect your warranty)2. Remove the film from the back of the 1366 backplate and stick it to the existing backplate. Make sure the holes on the board lined up with the threads on the backplate. 3. Follow the original instructions supplied with the Rasa intel block.
LGA2011 Fixing Set for Rasa and Raystorm
Installation is very easy, just follow the steps below.
1. Screw the short threaded end of each post into the M4 holes on the LGA2011 socket.
2. Place the waterblock over the posts.
3. Place a nylon washer, steel washer and spring over each post.
4. Remove the nut from the M3 mounting set.
5. Screw the nut onto each post so the spring is compressed.